Take your personal skiing to another level with the All-Terrain and Carve iSki courses from Snowworks. Phil Smith and his team are all on hand in ,the world class, Tignes ski area that offers fantastic skiing before the winter season even starts.
If you have ever skied in Tignes during the autumn then you will know the following facts about this world class resort:
- It’s a bit quieter than in the winter.
- The snow conditions on the Grande Motte ski runs are usually fantastic.
- There’s sometimes a huge patch of artificial snow that flows all the way down the mountain so you can ski to the bottom (this is both funny and a bit weird at the same time, but also quite handy).
- There are lots of great skiers preparing for their world cup race calendar, quite impressive.
- You know you are having fun in the snow and no-one else (at least not many) in the world is.
If you want to seriously improve your skiing then getting out to Tignes at this traditionally non-skiing time of year is about the best chance you have.
Firstly, you don’t go there for the après ski, because there isn’t any (sorry about that). You don’t take the kids with you, because they are all at school (yippee, sorry kids) and you don’t go there to show off when you go down the nursery slopes either, because there aren’t any (sorry beginners).
What you do get though is world class ski instruction and coaching from the Snoworks team. During this period, the Snoworks instructors that include Phil Smith (former trainer for BASI and ex English national team), Lee Townend (BASI Trainer), Mike Barker (former England ski squad national coach), Nick Quinn (BASI Tutor) and four time Olympic skier, Emma Carrick-Anderson focus on providing two key programs.
Race Carve and All-Terrain Ski Courses
Although these two separate courses offer something completely different, they both manage to do exactly the same thing; improve your skiing.
The All-Terrain course uses the overall philosophy of Snoworks to ensure you will experience all aspects of the mountain. This ‘go everywhere’ week is the most popular course on the Snoworks program and will suit any skier that has ‘go everywhere’ aspirations.
Race Carve is all about getting your skis to perform at the highest level so you can enjoy the mountain with more confidence and more control. With a combination of skills development on piste and coaching in and around a giant slalom course, the race carve week will take your skiing to a higher level, ensuring that an early night will be very welcome indeed.
- Snoworks Autumn All-Terrain Courses start on 20th October 2012 and continue through the winter.
- Snoworks Autumn Race Carve Courses take place 3rd November & 10th November 2012.
- The courses are based in Tignes, France.
- Autumn course fees £300 per person.
- Flight and accommodation packages are available.
- Snoworks coaches include Phil Smith, Emma Carrick-Anderson, Lee Townend, Nick Quinn and Mike Barker.
- Further information can be found on the Snoworks website