Snoworks GAP Launch New 2018 Course With Free Skis Incentive For Early Bookers

Snoworks GAP – the ski course company based in Tignes, France, has launched its new BASI (British Association of Snowsports Instructors) Level 1 and 2 program for the autumn of 2018 that includes a set of the brand new Salomon S-Max high-performance piste skis for bookings made before July 1.

The 8 week course starts on October 20, 2018 and is based in Tignes for the duration, with skiing firstly taking place on the extensive glacier until more snow arrives, opening up the resort. There’s a new half-board accommodation set-up at The Tignes Chalet Company and newly introduced lunch vouchers for all students.

The course is designed to qualify students to BASI Level 1 standard within the first two weeks and then weeks 7 and 8 are taken up with the BASI Level 2 exam, conducted by independent examiners. The level 2 qualification allows instructors to work in countries all over the world, including Austria and Japan and because the course finishes before Christmas, students are often able to secure work for the season, guaranteed providing they pass the level 2 exam.

Director of Snoworks GAP, Lee Townend, said:

The popularity of Snoworks GAP courses continues to grow year on year with over three times the numbers we started with eleven years ago. But, we are still focused on a tight group of students with no more than ten in a group. Our pass rate also continues to improve with 100% passes on the BASI Level 1 exam and a 75-80% pass rate on the Level 2 – the BASI average is around 65% for Level 2. Our new lunch vouchers also give the students value for money on the mountain and ensures they all get a decent meal!

The Snoworks GAP 2018 BASI Level 1 and 2 instructor qualification course starts on Saturday October 20, 2018 and finishes on Saturday December 15, 2018.

Cost: £7,750 including, 8 weeks half-board chalet accommodation in Tignes, 5 full days a week of coaching with Snoworks instructors, all BASI exam fees, BASI membership and manual, ski pass for 8 weeks, off-piste and avalanche safety training, race training, ski tuning skills, off-snow theory, 2 day first aid course, child protection module, personal fitness training, Salomon ski jacket, Salomon S Max skis*, return transfers from Geneva Airport (on selected dates), job offer (subject to interview) with a ski school in Japan, end of course party.

*Salomon S Max Skis available included in the course fees when full 8 week course is booked with non-refundable deposit by July 1, 2018. Promo code for booking – FREESKIS

Other Courses In 2018

BASI Level 2 – 6 week fast track to BASI Level 2 for students who already have Level 1
BASI Level 3 and 4 training – courses from 1 to 6 weeks for students looking to go further into the BASI qualification system

Company Information

Snoworks GAP was founded in 2007 and offers a number of BASI (British Association of Snowsports Instructors) courses from its base in the high-altitude resort of Tignes, France. Snoworks GAP is led by BASI Trainer Lee Townend who has over 18 seasons experience in ski teaching and 10 years as Snoworks GAP director.