Snowbility Launches New Expansion Program At The SnowDome, Tamworth

Snowbility, the organisation specialising in helping people with additional needs learn to ski and snowboard, has launched a program for the very first time at the SnowDome, Tamworth.

Following a hugely successful tenure at The Snow Centre, Hemel Hempstead, which continues to go from strength to strength, the opportunity to provide specialist coaching to adults and children in the West Midlands region and beyond is something both Snowbility and the SnowDome feel very proud to have achieved.

Snowbility’s instructors will work alongside the instructors at the SnowDome to deliver ski and snowboard lessons 7 days a week, throughout the year.

The official launch takes place during the SnowDome Open Days on Thursday August 2nd and Friday August 3rd, 2018.

Snowbility founder, Richard Featherstone, said:

We’re are so excited to be part of this new launch at Tamworth, the very first time we have offered instruction away from our original base at The Snow Centre. We’ve been working hard with the Snowdome team to help train some of their instructors who already have adaptive qualifications, but require further skills to understand the more subtle complexities of additional needs students, such as those with autism. We’ve also had an amazing response from local organisations, schools and individuals who are delighted to hear that Snowbility is there to help in their region. We looking forward to starting in August and working together with the Snowdome to provide opportunities for people with additional needs to learn a fantastic new skill.

Andy Bridgman, Snow Sports Manager at the SnowDome said:

We are really pleased to be welcoming Snowbility to the SnowDome in Tamworth and working with them to deliver ski and snowboard coaching for people with additional needs and mental health challenges in the West Midlands area and beyond. The facilities we have at the SnowDome are second to none in this region and for us to be able to offer the opportunity to expand our already extensive programme is really exciting.

Snowbility launches at the SnowDome, Tamworth, during their public ‘open days’ taking place on August 2nd and 3rd, 2018.

Schedule for Thursday August 2nd

• Snowplay sensory session 9.30am-10.30am.
  • Snowbility lessons on the slope 11am-12pm.
  • Slope closed 12pm-2pm – Lunch.
  • Snowbility lessons on the slope 2pm-3pm.
  • Snowbility lessons on the slope 3.30pm-4.30pm.

Media Invite

When: Thursday August 2nd, 11am to 1pm
Where: SnowDome, Leisure Island, River Drive, Tamworth, B79 7ND

Company Information

With their slogan, ‘It's cool to be different’, Snowbility are supporting their students, families and carers to achieve amazing results. Individuals with additional needs and mental health challenges are gaining invaluable life-changing skills through skiing and snowboarding in a safe environment and with qualified instructors.

Since Snowbility launched in 2011, numbers have risen dramatically and over 10,000 people have benefited in a positive way, with evidence mounting that proves participation of a sport, such as skiing or snowboarding, can dramatically improve the lives of people with additional needs and mental health.

Snowbility was founded by Richard Fetherston, a passionate snowsports enthusiast and instructor, and is based at The Snow Centre, Hemel Hempstead and the Snowdome, Tamworth – both indoor snow facility’s that are open all year round. Their carefully selected and specialised team of fully qualified ski and snowboard instructors are BASI (British Association of Snowsports Instructors) or IASI (Irish Association of Snowsports Instructors) qualified and registered, as well as experienced in both indoor and Alpine environments.

Snowbility’s integrated approach and flexible coaching methods help every student develop their skiing and snowboarding skills, allowing their impressive natural abilities to be expressed, to give them a sense of achievement and pride. This engagement, in a purposeful activity, enhances their social, emotional and communication skills, whilst improving fitness, balance, concentration and ultimately, self-confidence.

Many students progress to a level that enables them to travel to the mountains with their family where they can continue to enjoy the benefits that skiing and snowboarding bring.

PRESS CONTACT

Robert Stewart
    PR DirectorSki Press

Telephone: +00 44 (0)7543 799338

Email: robert@ski-press.com

Website:

IMAGES

Snowbility at The Snow Centre Snowbility at The Snow Centre

Click image to download larger size

RSS Category Feed:

RSS icon Subscribe to Events category.

0
    Connecting
    Please wait...
    Send a message

Sorry! We aren't around right now. Leave a message and we'll get back to you, asap.

Your name
    * Email
    * Describe your issue
    Login Chat

Thanks for stopping by. Can we help you with anything?

Your name
    * Email
    We're online!
    Feedback

Help us help you better! Feel free to leave us any additional feedback.

How do you rate our support?