Ski le Gap – The Original Ski Gap Course Company Launches Its 2019 ‘Ultimate Experience Course’

Ski le Gap, the original gap ski and snowboard instructor company, established in 1994, has launched its new program for the 2019 winter season, based in the resort of Mont-Tremblant, Canada.

With over 20 years of experience and more than 3,000 successful students gaining CSIA or CASI (Canadian Ski Instructors’ Alliance – Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors) qualifications, Ski le Gap has evolved its courses into what is now an intense 10 week program that provides a wide range of experiences that provide genuine life-skills and world class training.

The ‘constructive’ GAP year courses are designed to enhance future career prospects by providing the internationally recognised CSIA-CASI qualification, as well as providing optional French language classes throughout the course. During the weekends, cultural trips to the city of Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec City are organised.

Their track record in Tremblant is second to none and all of the instructors are in-house Ski le Gap members of staff.

There’s an opportunity to gain work experience as a ski or snowboard instructor for Tremblant Ski School during the season in-between the Level 1 and 2 qualification, and even after the course should students wish to stay on until the very end of the season.

Ski Course Director, Charlotte Dawson, says:

Our Ultimate Experience is our longest running program – it sets the standards for all the others out there. Ski le Gap is widely recognised as the leading provider of GAP ski instructor courses in the UK, with our courses specifically designed for gap year students. Our students have a 100% pass rate for the level 1 and the majority of them come away with the Level 2 qualification following the 10 week program. Our ‘gappers’ come away changing skiing as their hobby to skiing as a qualification on their CV’s and we know from so many of our previous ‘gappers’ what benefits not only the qualification, but the experience, means to future employers.

Sir Richard Branson’s daughter, Holly, was a past student of Ski le Gap and he said:

Ski le Gap was definitely the best part of Holly’s gap year. She made so many good friends and had an absolute ball.

Dates: 6th January – 16th March, 2019
10 week course
Cost: £8,875 pp
Includes: coaching 5 days a week, full season pass, full-board 7 days a week (breakfast, lunch and supper) accommodation, CSIA or CASI membership and Level 1 fees, first aid course, trips and activities, 24 hour Ski le Gap staff on hand, personal mentor, airport transfers and additional benefits.

Charlotte and other Ski le Gap members of staff are available for comment.

There’s also an Intensive Training Course that runs for 4 weeks (January 6 – February 2, 2019) and costs £4,550 pp with a Level 1 qualification outcome and a chance to work for the ski school at the end of the course.

Company Information

Ski le Gap was founded over 20 years ago and operates exclusively in Mont-Tremblant, Canada.
    It’s the original ski GAP course company, designed specifically for gap year students.
    Courses are all-inclusive and students are joined by Ski le Gap staff throughout the program in Tremblant.
    Ski le Gap coaches are all the highest qualified (CSIA Level 4), employed directly and not just a branch of a general ski school.