The Silver Learner – French Language School Has Seen A Rise In Retirees Attending Its Courses

The school has seen a rise of people aged 55 and over attending both long and short term courses rise by 70% over the past five years.

• Alpine French School, based in Morzine, has seen the number of people aged over 55 increase by 70% over the past five years
  • British and Irish retired and semi-retired people are increasingly coming to learn new skills including French language but also outdoor activities such as hiking and skiing
  • The school is now offering new courses tailored to this market in its new dedicated modern school premises that opened in 2019

Originally set up to help English speaking residents and seasonaires in the bustling ski and summer mountain resort of Morzine, France, Alpine French School now caters for a much wider range of students and increasingly those who are looking to learn new skills following retirement or a slowdown in their professional lives.

In response to this, Alpine French School has launched new courses to cater for this market. This summer a new course that combines morning classroom French lessons with the chance to try outdoor activities in the afternoon, such as hiking, cycling, tennis, swimming or golf has been launched and participants can join for one week or stay the entire summer.

Accommodation is also arranged with a number of options that include a shared apartment with fellow students, independent apartments, hotels and also French host families.

Co-owner and founder of Alpine French School, Helen Watts, said:

We’ve seen a real growth in the over 55 age group over the past few years and have adapted our program to suit their needs. The main driver is to learn new skills, not only the French language but also all the other things that can be done in and around Morzine. We are now seeing students in residence for the entire season, to ski during the winter or to enjoy the mountains during the summer. There’s so much to do here and for active people the possibilities are endless. It’s such a healthy environment and I think that combination of keeping both the brain and body active is what’s really appealing to this age group.

New Summer Intensive French Course With Outdoor Activities

From €525 per person for 7 nights including self-catered accommodation in a shared apartment (own room), intensive French lessons with Alpine French School 9h-12h, plus the possibility to add afternoon activities that include hiking, cycling, tennis, swimming or golf.

Long terms options are available with accommodation and French lessons.

Company Information

Alpine French School was originally set up in 2003 as Lost In Translation offering French courses to the local expat community and English courses to the local French community and then to people visiting the area on holiday wishing to study French. The school now welcomes international students to the Alps to learn French in the villages of Morzine and Les Gets.

The School offers a wide range of traditional French courses, including private French courses, intensive French courses and GCSE/A-level tuition as well as courses with sporting activities such as skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, hiking and climbing. Classes are taught in small groups of a maximum of 8 students using communicative, interactive methods.

The School also runs a popular French Summer Camp with day camp and residential options for 6-18 year olds to have fun and brush up on their French over the summer holidays.

PRESS CONTACT

Robert Stewart
    PR DirectorSki Press

Telephone: +00 44 (0)7543 799338

Email: robert@ski-press.com

Website:

IMAGES

Alpine French School New Premises Morzine

Click image to view client WeTransfer files

RSS Category Feed:

RSS icon Subscribe to Tour Operator category.

0
    Connecting
    Please wait...
    Send a message

Sorry! We aren't around right now. Leave a message and we'll get back to you, asap.

Your name
    * Email
    * Describe your issue
    Login Chat

Thanks for stopping by. Can we help you with anything?

Your name
    * Email
    We're online!
    Feedback

Help us help you better! Feel free to leave us any additional feedback.

How do you rate our support?