New school in the shadow of Mont Blanc.
Morzine based Alpine French School has launched a new language school in the mountain town of Chamonix, France.

The school will run intensive French courses and private lessons for both local residents and visitors throughout the year. The courses are run by local teachers and language professionals from the area.

Alpine French School has been established for 20 years but this is a brand new initiative and it brings opportunities for students to learn and improve their French to this large town that attracts huge amounts of visitors in both the summer and winter season.

Helen Watts, co-founder of Alpine French School, said:

“We’re delighted to open a school in Chamonix, a town full of nationalities from all over the world that can benefit from improving their French language skills in a destination that is much more than just a skiing resort.
Chamonix is an extreme sports mecca and a bustling chic mountain town, it offers something for everyone. From skiing to ice climbing in the winter, from hiking to mountain biking in the summer, Chamonix offers too many sporting activities to list”.

The town of Chamonix is a one hour drive from Geneva Airport and accessible by train via Cluses. The Chamonix valley is famous for its huge skiing area that offers terrain for all levels of skier and snowboarder, but particularly advanced and experts looking to challenge themselves off-piste. Western Europe’s highest mountain, Mont Blanc, towers over the town and visitors can take one the highest cable cars in the Alps, the Aiguille du Midi (3,842m), to access the Vallee Blanche and Mer de Glace off-piste skiing region.

Information for Intensive French Courses

2 hours a day, all levels from beginner to advanced.
Course prices: 1 week: 260€, 2 weeks: 920€, 10 weeks: 2100€ (plus one-off registration fee of 60€)
Course location: classroom in central Chamonix

Autumn 2023 Course Dates
20th November 2023: 4-week intensive course. Flexible start dates available from 6th November 2023.

Winter 2024 Course Dates
From 8th January 2024 onwards: 8h30-10h30/15h30-17h30 leaving plenty of time for skiing

The Chamonix School will also be launching a series of online courses from November 7 onwards.

New Online GSCE French Course Launches

Alpine French School has launched a new online GCSE French course for students to learn remotely. The course starts on October 18 and runs for 6 weeks on a Wednesday at 4pm UK time.

Taught by a native French speaker that has UK GCSE teaching experience, the lessons last for one hour and class sizes are limited to 6 students.

Classes are interactive, with group discussions and real-life scenarios, making the learning experience both enjoyable and effective for students.

Price per child for 6 week course: 149€ plus 20€ registration fee. The child must be in their final year of GCSE French.

Previous Releases

New Activities For Alpine French School As It Prepares For Winter ‘Workcations’
Alpine French School Launches New Centre In Samoëns And Introduces New Covid-19 Protocols
The Silver Learner – French Language School Has Seen A Rise In Retirees Attending Its Courses [Archived]
New Winter Program And Premises For Alpine French School [Archived]