- 20th anniversary year of the Warren Smith Ski Academy GAP Ski Instructor programs with over 500 ski instructors now qualified through its GAP program system.
- IASI (Irish Association of Snowsports Instructors) Level 1 & 2, EU qualification system now used on all GAP courses.
- Early December to January or February to April options available over a 9 week period in Verbier, Switzerland.
- Academy successfully ran one GAP course last season that was officially endorsed by the Swiss Embassy in London with highly strict Covid-19 regulation compliance and 100% pass rate for students.
- All rules and safety guidelines followed by UK and Swiss law.
The Warren Smith Ski Academy has launched its new GAP ski program for the 2021-22 winter season, based in Verbier, Switzerland, with two start dates in early December and February.
Students will aim to qualify as IASI (Irish Association of Snowsports Instructors) Level 1 & 2 ski instructors, providing them with a qualification that is recognised in a number of countries around the world. Last winter the pass rate was 100% and the course was officially endorsed by the Swiss Embassy in London and ran without any Covid related issues.
The 9 week courses take place in the resort of Verbier, in the French speaking Valais region of Switzerland, where the academy has been based over the past 20 years. The course can include a full package with half-board chalet based accommodation for the 9 week duration, but students can opt to pay the course fees only.
Director of the Warren Smith Ski Academy, Warren Smith, said:
“Last winter we managed to run a successful GAP course whilst being fully Covid compliant – we had no issues and there was a 100% pass rate for the students that attended. Now in our 20th anniversary year, we are looking forward to another winter in Verbier with two courses providing the chance for students to achieve their Level 2 IASI Ski Instructor qualifications by the end of January, or instead choose to spend the last half of the season on a course from February to April. Now all our courses are IASI based, students will be on a training pathway that can lead to the very top level of instructor qualification, and whilst the right to work in EU countries is still down to nationality, IASI at least provides the opportunity for students to become fully qualified”.
Dates: Courses start from December 4, 2021 or February 6, 2022 (9 week courses)
Location: Verbier, Switzerland
Cost: from £7,999 including 6 weeks of instructor training, 2 weeks of IASI examinations, 2 days first aid course, full season lift pass, half-board chalet accommodation, avalanche training, ski biomechanics, physical training and strength conditioning, sports psychology and sports science, video analysis, ski servicing workshops plus all manuals and course material. (from £5,199 without accommodation).