- Ski Elements, operating Flexiski and SkiWeekends, introduces Norway for the first time
- Two destinations include Voss and Myrkdalen
- Snow sure resorts that operate into early May, Myrkdalen often cited as snowiest resort in Europe
Two destinations have been added to the Flexiski and SkiWeekends programme during the middle of the season, which will provide skiers and snowboarders the opportunity to take a holiday as late as the end of April.
The resorts, located in the western part of Norway, both have fantastic snow records and often remain open into May. It’s also possible to visit and ski in both resorts during the same trip.
Easily accessible from the city of Bergen, Voss is a bustling town and a well-established skiing resort, suitable for all levels of skier from beginner to advanced. The lesser known Myrkdalen has more recently grown into one of the largest ski resorts in Western Norway and is known for its excellent on-piste and legendary powder snow conditions. Ski Touring and Cross Country Skiing are also very popular in the area.
In Voss, there’s plenty to do for non-skiers in the area too, including walking, spa facilities and even a wind tunnel for sky diving. It’s possible to visit the city of Bergen and take a sightseeing boat tour of the fjords too.
Flexiski and SkiWeekends offer two hotels in Voss, the 4* Fleischer’s Hotel and the 3* Park Hotel and in Myrkdalen, the ski in/ski out 4* Myrkdalen Hotel.
Prices with SkiWeekends start at £236pp in Voss (based on double occupancy) for 3 nights B&B, not including travel. Prices start at £250pp in Myrkdalen (based on double occupancy) for 3 nights B&B, not including travel. Prices with Flexiski are tailored to individual requests.
Dan Fox, Managing Director of Ski Elements Ltd, said: “We’re delighted to be adding the Norwegian resorts of Voss and Myrkdalen to our programme and despite it being late in the season, we know how much skiing there is left to have there. The snow is great and conditions will remain good well into April. Myrkdalen is a real hidden gem – locals have known about its incredible snow record for years, but it’s slowly getting out that this is one of the snowiest places in Europe. It gets hit by constant snow from the west and whilst it’s raining in Bergen, it’s snowing again in Myrkdalen. It’s also why spring is a great time to ski here”.
- 40km of piste – great for beginners
- Plenty of skiing on piste for intermediates, it’s for a great place to develop off piste skills, ski touring and back country skiing with a guide and trying out cross country skiing
- Traditional town with large year round population, well known for extreme sports and easy sightseeing access to the fjords
- 30km of piste, perfect for beginners and families
- This is the ideal place to develop and expand off-piste skills on even pitches which build confidence – instruction is available
- Ski in/ski out – staying in a new small and friendly resort with one hotel and Norwegian family cabins
- Loads of cross country, ski touring, and back country options
Providing short and flexible breaks and weekend ski trips for over 30 years, Flexiski operates in destinations across the Alps, Norway and Canada and is part of the Ski Elements group.
Aimed at skiers and snowboarders that are looking for convenience when booking premium accommodation, with experts on hand to ensure the travel process is smooth and hassle-free, Flexiski creates tailor-made holidays for discerning guests.
During the 2022-23 season the company is launching over 40 new properties and a number of unique winter holidays for all levels of skier, from beginners to the more adventurous, along with a variety of choices for non-skiers too.