- The largest independent tour operator in Les Gets, Chalets1066, launches a new insurance policy that offers full refunds on accommodation in the event of lack of snow
- The policy will refund any customers that choose to take the policy when booking their holiday, depending on a set of conditions
- The cost is 5% of the accommodation booking amount
Chalets1066, the largest chalet operator in the French resort of Les Gets, has launched a new insurance policy that will refund the full cost of accommodation in the event of lack of snow within the resort.
The policy also covers customers in the event of too much snow restricting them from reaching Les Gets, illness within the group, cancellation of the holiday due to a work situation and even sickness of a pet at home that needs attention. The terms and conditions to be met are detailed in the policy that is issued by Chalets1066’s partner, Trustiway.
Mark Nathan, Managing Director of Chalets1066, said:
“We understand the nervousness that our customers have when booking a skiing holiday before the winter. That’s why we are introducing our unique Snow Guarantee. If less than 23 pistes in the Les Gets-Morzine ski area are open 48 hours before their stay, then the insurance policy will cover a full refund on accommodation. Customers can book their stay in Les Gets with the confidence that even if the snow doesn’t show, Chalets1066 has got their back”.
The Snow Guarantee From Chalets1066 With Trustiway
The snow guarantee is backed by Trustiway, the insurance partners of Chalets1066, ensuring reliability and confidence from a reputable insurance company. Costs are 5% of chalet accommodation bookings.
If less than 23 of the marked pistes are open in the Les Gets-Morzine ski area 48 hours before the arrival date, bookings can be refunded. The ski lift company of Les Gets, SAGETS, must confirm the status of the ski area officially. If excessive snow prevents reaching Les Gets by road, the policy will refund guests accordingly. For personal illness, sickness of a pet, to employers cancelling a holiday, refunds will be provided (proof from a doctor and/or an employer would be required). In the event of any damages in the chalet through the stay, the policy will cover any of these costs.
The Snow Guarantee policy does not cover medical insurance, accidents on the slopes or loss of personal items. The policy only applies between December 15 2023 and April 1, 2024.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the Chalets1066 website.
Trustiway Terms And Conditions (as on its policy)
Bookings made with Chalets1066 include an optional Snow Guarantee Insurance, priced at 5% of the total stay rental value.
Scope of Coverage: Chalets1066 provides a snow guarantee and cancellation insurance for specified justified causes:
- No Snow Policy: Should less than one-third (less than 23 marked runs) of the pistes in Les Gets-Morzine ski area remain closed within 48 hours preceding your stay’s commencement, compensation will be provided.
- Excessive Snowfall: Coverage is extended if heavy snowfall renders Les Gets station inaccessible.
- Illness Clause: Valid if you, or a family member, cannot travel due to illness or need to remain with an ailing family member within 30 days of the holiday. A medical certificate is mandatory.
- Pet Sickness: Reimbursement applies if a pet falls sick, necessitating a cancellation. A veterinarian’s certificate is compulsory.
- Employer-Enforced Cancellation: If an employer cancels or postpones your vacation, provide a formal letter from the employer for compensation.
- Pandemic Clause: In case of a pandemic, including COVID-19, Trustiway will compensate the affected family, valid for positive PCR tests within 5 days before departure. A medical certificate is essential.
- Accidental Damage: The policy includes damages inadvertently inflicted on Chalets1066 rented property by any party member.
Insurance Application: Insurance is NOT added to each booking by default. Guests have to select the option during the booking process post-reservation or deposit payment, this offer becomes non-modifiable.
- Accidents on Slopes: This insurance doesn’t extend to slope accidents. We recommend the insurance accompanying your ski pass for this.
- Theft: Loss or theft of personal belongings is not under this coverage.
- Group Bookings: When multiple families reserve a chalet, each family’s insurance is treated separately. If a family cancels due to covered reasons, 50% of the stay’s value is refunded.
It is the responsibility of all guests to familiarise themselves with these terms.